The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics - The Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Patients of CAO-OFAC,
With COVID-19 continuing to affect the region, we recognize that this is a challenging time for many, and remain deeply committed to the safety of our patients, employees, and the Northern Virginia Metropolitan community.
We will continue to track and monitor the situation as we work with the Virginia Department of Health and the CDC to ensure the safety of all patients and staff. There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at The Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Center (OFAC), and we will continue to uphold sterilization protocols and take significant precautionary measures to reinforce standards of cleanliness among all of our offices.
As part of our efforts to limit exposure and ensure the health of our patients and staff, we ask that all patients come to their appointments alone, or with one friend and or family member only. Additionally, please postpone your visit if you or anyone you have been in contact with has:
- Recently experienced or is currently experiencing any signs of illness, or show signs of cold or flu-like symptoms such as a fever, cough or difficulty breathing to include shortness of breath.
- Have traveled outside of the local area, state or country currently experiencing the COVID-19 outbreak in the past 14 days.
Our offices are open all week long! We've always taken pride in having the cleanest and most comfortable facilities in the area, and have added the following recommended Virginia Department of Health precautions:
- All patients will be screened upon entering our front door for possible exposure to Coronavirus.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water will be available throughout the office for patient use and mask made available upon request.
- All magazines and books, will be removed from our waiting and exam rooms.
If you or other family members are home from school or work and are feeling well, feel free to call our office to schedule an appointment for your Orthopaedic needs. During this unusual downtime, this could be a great time to address your Orthopaedic concerns!
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we adapt to the changing environment and will keep you updated along the way!
All of us at OFAC look forward to seeing you at your next visit.
Stay safe and healthy!
Drs. Neufeld, Cuttica, Sanders and Black
Read more about Steps to Prevent Illness from the CDC here.