PEDCAT™ 3D Imaging: Weight Bearing Foot and Ankle CT Scans
The Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center is committed to providing the latest and most advanced diagnostic tools available to treat our patients. We are excited to be the only facility in the region to offer the pedCAT™ foot and ankle cone-beam CT scanner.
3D Weight Bearing imaging is used to evaluate:
3D digital images of your foot and ankle in true weight bearing position yield better diagnositc information, and in turn, more precise treatment plans.
- Preoperative planning: These images will help to determine the quality and amount of bone prior to surgery while also allowing your physician to make accurate assessments of bone and joint positions.
- Diagnose Fractures: 3D images can help your doctor accurately identify the number, size and position of fracture fragments as well as the fracture's relationship to adjacent joints.
- Evaluate Subluxations & Dislocations: For your physician to create the most effective treatment plan for your injury, he should evaluate the joint and bone positions in their true physiological weight bearing position.
- Evaluate Arthritic Joints: 3D images assess Arthritic joints based upon loss of joint spaces, allowing for more efficient and effective treatment plans.
- Early Detection of Osteomyelitis: Using these images, your doctor can confirm the suspicion of early bone erosion or lysis and intervene early to minimize unnecessary damage to the area.
Benefits of the pedCAT™ 3D Scanner:
- Your anatomy in TRUE weight
- Predictable surgical outcomes
- Low radiation exposure
- Quick & easy 3D imaging
- In-office convenience